27 Jun Why does my baby cry all the time?
Posted at 09:00h in Expert tips
Your baby may be crying due to the following reasons:
- He is hungry.
- He has a wet nappy and needs changing.
- He is uncomfortable. Check his clothes for any tags out of place that might be uncomfortable for him.
- He has gas. Try to burp him in this case.
- He is bored. Try new stimlating activities to keep him entertained.
You can respond with the following soothing techniques:
- Provide your baby with a pacifier. Babies have a natural urge to suck. Pacifiers will help soothe babies that have a strong desire to suck.
- Allow your baby to breastfeed longer or perform skin-to-skin to ensure your baby feels safe and comforted.
- Hold your baby in a sling close to you during the day. Many babies find this reassuring.
- Swaddling your baby can help settle a crying baby to sleep.
- Go for a walk with your baby. Sometimes just the change of scenery can help calm them down.
- Bathing. Some babies love to be placed in a bath and have warm water gently splashed over their bodies.
- Rocking. Gentle motion can help your baby calm down. Rock her in a bouncy chair or hold her while you rock in a chair or glider.