27 Jun Breast pumping tips
Posted at 08:52h in Expert tips
Breast pumping will help you share the feeding duties to allow more time to sleep or ensure a smooth transition back to work.
Here are some tips for pumping successfully:
- Buy the best pump you can afford. This will make it easier to breastfeed for longer.
- No matter how buy your day gets, don’t let yourself become engorged. This puts you at a high risk of mastitis.
- Try to pump early in the morning when your breasts are full after the morning feeds.
- Keep photos of your baby in your pumping bag to help stimulate milk production or watch a video of your baby on your phone.
- If you express more milk than your baby immediately needs, you can freeze it. Date and double-bag the milk before freezing.